Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ethical Dilemmas

In journalism we are now currently studying ethics. I was instructed to find ethical dilemmas that involved my beat, school clubs. I was unable to find a real life example through my searches but, I did stumble upon a fictitious example. I'm sure ethical dilemmas take place everyday involving school clubs, but they are probably not big news in which it would be reported on in the newspaper or internet.


http://studentcenter.ja.org/aspx/LearnEthics/case_one.aspx



I personally have not really encountered big ethical dilemmas. Sometimes I'm not sure if I should report on a school club when I have a friend who is a member of the club or club president. I don't want people to think that I'm only reporting on the club because my friend is a member of the club.

No comments: